Kentucky’s Immanuel Quickley is one of the most successful development stories of the John Calipari era.
After averaging 5.2 points per game as a freshman, the UK guard averaged 16.1 points per game as a sophomore and was named SEC Player of the Year by the leagues coaches.
In addition to Player of the Year, Quickley earned the following awards.
- The Athletic All-America Third Team
- ESPN’s Breakout Star of 2019-20
- CBS Sports All-America Third Team
- Bleacher Report All-America Third Team
- All-SEC First Team (AP, Coaches)
- U.S. Basketball Writers Association District IV Player of the Year
- USBWA All-District IV Team
- Three-time SEC Player of the Week
- AP All-America Honorable Mention
Not only does Quickley have the support of Calipari and Big Blue Nation, his family shows up to every game at Rupp Arena to cheer him and the Wildcats on.
This feature below shows you why Quickley is the person he is.
Wonder why @IQ_GodSon is the type of player and person he is today?
— Kentucky Basketball (@KentuckyMBB) March 21, 2020